My Instagram

Interview with Sharmila


Q : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

My name is Sharmila. I'm a singer songwriter with degrees in social work. In my childhood i started with dance lessons 8 years jazz-ballet. I always listened to music and to what was on the charts at the time.

Through music dance and writing songs i express myself. I was also the opening artist for O-Town.


Q : Your latest project?

I released 4 songs August 28:

Golden Heart,Right And Wrong, Human Race,No Music On Mars now available on Spotify and all major platforms.


Q : Could you please let us know more about 'Golden Heart'?

Golden Heart i wrote for my daughter Tanisha. She died in 2021. I wrote the song in memory of my daughter Tanisha and because she always had a golden heart.

She was a pure hearted person a singer songwriter just like me.

She also composed her own music on the keyboard.


Q : How do you stay creative and disciplined while balancing personal life and music?

To be the openingartist for O-Town was great. My daughter and me travelled from the Netherlands all the way up to Portland Oregon USA.


Q : What’s your goal in life you want to achieve next?

I want to perform in memory of my daughter Tanisha show the world who she is who she was as a woman and as an artist.

After i said in 2013 that i'm an artist and posted on youtube we've been attacked by organizations in social workfield in the Netherlands.

We've been censored and silenced.

Now i have to let the world know that Tanisha was here. She was an artist just like me with her own voice creative talents and dreams.



Q : What motivates you to do your best work?

I have to keep going tell my story through music let the world know about what happened to my daughter Tanisha and me.

I am still silenced since 2013.

If i can't say it i will sing it.


Q : Did you choose music as a career, or as a hobby?

Music as a career but our country the Netherlands and our city Rotterdam stopped us in our tracks. 


Q : Your fav. Album?

My favorite album: 

 O-Town 


Q : Are you active on social media?

Youtube and TikTok Sharmilaonline

Reverbnation.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=llkApF10Ywo


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ALEE5rHvfYU


Spotify:


https://open.spotify.com/album/34qltpuI6aFBBMIvA52Jbp


https://open.spotify.com/album/2vuu0awyZEqUUMBNx7LVGI


https://open.spotify.com/album/0O0mtCUyzKUpq5pA774pKd


https://open.spotify.com/track/5X8MviCX8KrTE563C8Y9sg





No comments